Anyone in Thailand uses or used the method like in the Video.......

• Hello John,
    go here and deside urself what u want to do.

https://help.geogebra.org/topic/steingrößenberechnung-winkelabmessungen-zum-bau-eines-domes

i just forgot about.

i build a foam mashine and it works fine, but will not use it anymore.
    pitty but tru.

have a good time

cheers
    Klaus

• @JohnThailand
    Hello John,
    go here and deside urself what u want to do.

https://help.geogebra.org/topic/steingrößenberechnung-winkelabmessungen-zum-bau-eines-domes

i just forgot about.

i build a foam mashine and it works fine, but will not use it anymore.
    pitty but tru.

have a good time

cheers
    Klaus

• @Klaus
    I read your message, so you have a problem about how to manufacture the bricks with the right dimensions. I hadn’t even thought about that, but cutting is obviously a waste of time and material if instead you mould bricks of the current dimensions. Good idea.

So you have foam generator but don’t know what to do next? I’m sure we can figure a way to make the bricks without cutting. I’m thinking in theory you can pour out into a large tray of correct thickness and then insert dividers to get the right size bricks. Each row of bricks slightly narrower. The dividers will also need to have a triangular cross section, or otherwise cement will need to be applied unevenly.

I guess this problem is why most homes are square!

Where do you live? I’m in Bangkok. I’m thinking to build in Uttaradit on my Thai girlfriends land.

• @JohnThailand
    HI,
    Uttaradit is not too far from LOEI where we stay.

Do u have a foam generator and the specific liquid u need for ?
    Al is here.
    If u want to talk more then it´s easier to do via(farangover50ATgmailDOTcom)
    cheers
    Klaus

• @Klaus
    I have none of the construction materials or equipment yet. I’m just interested to find out more and about any community in Thailand. I wonder if it’s possible to use bamboo instead of steel for formers?

I think we will visit Uttaradit again in a few weeks for durian time. So if there’s value, we could meet up.

• @JohnThailand
    ok, let us know the date/time then i will u send our GPS datas.
    u intend to sell DURIAN or u go only for u and family.
    if for business then ( maybe not so expensive) because my wife like it a lot :-)
    cheers
    Klaus

• Just a visit to enjoy the fruits.

• @JohnThailand
    :-)
    cheers

• @Klaus
    Wouldn’t it be cool to create some fibreglass moulds that you could simply pour aircrete into to instantly produce domes? I have no idea if that can actually work because of the weight of the compound on the inner skin. But it could be reinforced fibreglass.

I believe the fibreglass moulds could be fabricated over inflatable formers. The only problem is the mouldings costing much more than building the dome manually. But then you have a sellable product. And I have money but not time to spare as I work full time. As glass fibre is expensive maybe there’s a cheaper way to fabricate moulds, maybe paper and bamboo?

What do you think? Then you could build a dome in days instead of weeks. And maybe the production of moulds could be outsourced.

• @Klaus
    More economical would be to fabricate a revolving quarter or eighth section mould on a wooden support. Or a full arc mould that can revolve?

• @JohnThailand
    sorry i lost ur mail.... now i got it :-)
    JOHN, as i told u that i will not build a dome anymore. it was a nice idea.
    i made different types of bricks, i still have some samples. and the tool for the foam. it works fine. u have to experiment urself, then u will see, its not as easy as u may think. to build the foam mashine was the most difficult, to make the bricks was just easy. u can get the mashine for a reasonable donation even the foam liquit if u want to make ur own experience.